Monday, August 4

New Beginnings

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
~ Psalm 118:24

Yesterday, I was reminded of the truth that each day is a new opportunity to accept from God's hand His will for me. Today is the day He has made, and each situation, each conversation, each inconvenience is another chance to please Him, to honor Him - to live out who I am in Christ.

The trials and failures of yesterday are past, and tomorrow's difficulties and challenges are not yet here; only today belongs to me - but not truly to me, because He has formed it with specific purposes to be accomplished this day. No matter what happens today, He is in control and He has made provision for me to fulfill His design for today: with the new day come new mercies.

I choose to be glad and rejoice in this day. I choose to be content with where He has put me, who He has put in my life, what He has given me to do - I choose to be content with today.

No comments: