Monday, August 4

When God Uses You

"Never be taken by surprise when [God uses] you to change a pattern."

--Frances Roberts

The above is an excerpt from a devotional given to me by my sister (who you'll hear from alot and then some later).

In my Christian walk, I've prayed many times that God would use me to reach and encourage others for Him. That He would open doors for me to serve Him.

And then--He does.

So naturally I move forward, praising Him for this opportunity to be an instrument in His hand, right?

Well, to be honest, my first response, usually, is rather than praising Him for what He's done, I just stand there feeling dumbfounded that.....He.......actually......did......it.

He.....used.....me.

I'm not talking about being humbled that my great God would want to use me--it's always humbling to think that God would use me, a sinner saved by grace, for anything--I'm talking about doubting that He actually will; lacking the faith
to believe when I give myself to His service, the doors He opens, even the small ones, are indeed where He wants me to step.

When I pray for God to "take my life and let it be consecrated Lord to Thee" I shouldn't be shocked when He does. He doesn't have to use me--but He wants to; then when people see this small human do anything worthwhile they know it has to be God.

We're still working on the part where my absolute first response when He does open those doors is

"Lord I praise You!"

instead of

"Huh?"

Thankfully, He hasn't given up on me. Which I do praise Him for completely.

No comments: